Sunday, August 14, 2005

perfect.....just perfect

Just got back from my convocation trip to melaka, then to genting and KL. Still don't feel like going back to work, still pretty much in a holiday mood. To rub salt to the wound, I've just received some 'disturbing' news from wen, wen is my colleague, he has just told me that there's a new company policy, NO EMPLOYESS are allowed to have THEIR lunch outside of the company, meaning to say, we must have lunch in the company cafeteria, where the food sucks...when i 1st heard the news i went nuts.....how could they do this to us? we're being treated like prisoners.....i hate you Mr CEO.....then after a few minutes, i calmed down and came to my senses......well i was still cursing the CEO and all, but well i guess at least we don't ever have to argue where to eat and who should drive anymore....
other than that, I was also told about a ill fortunate fellow employee, she has just been diagnosed with throat cancer, we are all starting a donation drive for her, I've donated some money, not a substantial amount but hope it helps, wish you all the best and get well soon!
another bad news is that my long serving NEC monitor that has been with me for the past 7-8 years has just died on me yesterday.....you have served me well buddy, it was my 1st computer ,i got it when i was still drinking milk from a bottle still reading "sains" text book in form 3. The price for a new 15' monitor would be around 280 bucks...being very very poor at the moment i decided not to get a new monitor, instead i will try to fix it. Then it hit me, all of a sudden i remembered i am after all a graduate with a degree in electronics engineering...thats got to mean something right?? so i grab my tools, well actually my only tool, my screwdriver, i crank open the cover of the monitor, after some inspection, i have come to the conclusion that i have no idea what is wrong with the monitor, so much for a degree in electronics engineering, money well spent for education bunny, bravo bravo.

my old monitor, i will fix you....don worry
no you can't....you're not smart enough!


I spreaded the news about the death of my monitor, in hopes that someone out there will pity me and buy me a new monitor, well that didn't happened but what happened was I got a used monitor free of charge from cris, haha thanks cris, i owe you 1.



my new monitor given by cris
To be greeted by all these bad news when i just got back from my holidays is wicked way of welcoming me back, i've just been away for a week and all of this shit has to happen. Not really looking foward to work on monday, cafeteria food??mmm i have my doubts...perhaps i should "ta-pau", a fellow colleague who just found out she got cancer, thats sad, my 8 year old monitor just died on me......great timing!! all in all i say.....perfect......just perfect.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home