Wednesday, January 17, 2007

american-withdrawal-syndrom

3 and a half months just went by, and it was fast. As they say, good time rolls, indeed it have roll and away.I am nearing my date of departure, 2 days left in america, feeling kinda heavy to leave this beautiful place.I have had one hell of a great time during my tenure here. Learned alot about the american way of life, the people, the culture, the place.
I will surely miss many good things here in the states, the usually big serve of food, the fluctuating petrol price(it gets me excited!), the nice cool weather, the lovely parks, the road trips, the flexible working hours, great shows on TV. I will also miss how when we say "can i have the bill please", the americans say "check please", how when we say "take away" as in not eating in the restaurant, the americans say "to go", how when we say "tomato sauce", the americans say "ketchup", how when we say "pump petrol", the americans say "pump gas"...ahhh i will miss all this. Pictures always describe better than words, i will upload a series of photos of my visit here.
Hope i will get the chance to be back here......permanentely hopefully

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home