Friday, September 01, 2006

Traffic madness

I shall dedicate this whole entry to talk about penang traffic only cause there's so much to comprain about it.
Penang drivers are known for their ferocity behind the wheels, they are reputated to be the most notorious bunch of drivers in Malaysia even, some even say that if you can survive driving on the roads of penang then you can survive driving everywhere in Malaysia...walau eh!
Anyway, couple of days ago I was driving along a road in town, and the traffic was terrible, i've never seen so many cars on the road before, not even in KL. It was a 1 lane narrow road, from where I came from(kuching, FYI), 1 lane narrow road means passage for 1 car, but huh!! suddenly a car drove up next to me, suddenly its become a 2 lane road!! Is this normal in penang??



















Unlike spice girls’ song 2 become 1, here its 1 become 2

The road was really narrow and the “HERO’s” car was really close to mine, trying to keep up to their reputation of being the most notorious drivers/riders in Malaysia, to my horror, a motorbike even tried to overtake me from my left!! Of course the mat rempit couldn’t squeeze in, else we would be best of friends already!




















If the hero driving in the car beside me is Robin, then the super-hero on the motorbike must be Batman! Lagi keng!

Another thing that I want to comprain about is the school bus drivers and parents!! They really tak bertimbang rasa langsung!! Everyday coming back from work, I would encounter they same thing, EVERYDAY! Not just rainy days, not just Fridays, but everyday! A 2 lane road becomes…..no road!! let me explain, it has to be so unfortunate that there are 3-4 schools along the road that I take driving from the office to go back home. So where there are school, traffic is bound to be “kanasai”, after work, usually 6pm, I would start driving from the office and head home, and cun cun ngam ngam students also get off from school around this time too, the school bus and parents would stop their car beside the road and wait for their kids to come out, they don’t care even if they cause the jam, they would go so far to even park in the middle of the road.




















now I am forced to be a hero!

Driving in penang can be very stressful and frustrating, if you don’t control your emotions well, you might end up having hypertension or heart attack. Driving to and fro the place I am staying and the office is a good 30-45 minutes drive, varies a lot depending on traffic condition and traffic light condition. Am thinking about finding a nearer place to move into, probably will start looking after I’m back from my assignment. Everyday like that cannot tahan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home